A plague is upon us!
Forgive me WordPress for I have sinned. It has been ten days since my last blog post. Actually I can’t believe it’s only been ten days. It seems like a lifetime.
I am pleased to report that we are now officially visitor free (until my mother in law arrives on Wednesday – I can’t wait to inflate the airbed to its full bouncyness again). I have thoroughly enjoyed sleeping in my own bed (often for periods of several hours at a time as Sally suddenly seems to have got the idea that night time is for sleeping) and having full access to my wardrobe. Sadly most of my clothes don’t fit as I’ve eaten far too much over the last couple of months and will have to return to the temple of weight watchers once the winter months set it.
We’ve had a lovely week with my aunt and uncle and sister. They were staying with my parents and thus did not infuriate me at all. My mother, being a saint, seemed to breeze through the whole visit as though catering for at least five people every night (and often 9 as we were frequent dinner guests) didn’t faze her at all. Admittedly my aunt had brought a lot of ready prepared food with her…….yes she’s amazing. She also brough Helen what are quite possibly the cutest trousers ever. Do I have a photo of them? No not yet she doesn’t really wear clothing on the lower part of her body at present so I haven’t had a chance to snap her in them.
After several weeks of cold weather poor Allan ended up shearing the sheep in what must have been 30 degree heat. He and my Dad performed a lot of bizarre maneuvering with said sheep before finally getting them into the shed (I think this may have been due to lack of training of both my Dad’s dog Bess and Allan himself. Although Allan did proudly report that my Dad only told him to F*** off once during the entire procedure which indicates strong approval on the part of my father.) I’d never seen a sheep pant before and it was not a pretty sight. I’ve included a picture of Allan looking all manly shearing a sheep. Try not to swoon ladies…………….
I know after such a long absence I should really be writing a vast post telling you all about the amazing things I have done.
- Singing at the concert held to raise funds for the music festival.
- Going paddle boarding with Jen – yes it really was fun – almost worth the numerous near death experiences we had just getting the board round the island.
- Attending a meeting for the next book festival, we’ve got an author I really really love coming but I can’t say who it is………….for those who know me really well – it’s not Jilly Cooper.
- Trying to potty train Helen who is proving extremely resistant although my mum reported that she did a poo at the side of the road yesterday (Helen not my mum!). Here is a photo of our alfresco attempts though.
- Walking to the most disgusting beach on Colonsay with Allan and Jen; three kinds of animal faeces and two types of jellyfish – eurgh. (not photographed although Jen does have a lovely snap of Sally brandishing a fistfull of goose poop)
Sadly I am too tired to write more as Allan was conveniently struck down with an evil lurgy yesterday. This timely illness meant that I had to spend seven hours cleaning a six bedroomed, five bathroomed, two kitchened holiday home. This morning I was actually aching as though I had been to the gym. Now that all risk of him having to clean seems to have passed he has made a miraculous recovery although he is still too delicate to change nappies.